Nothing feels better than to be able to complete a DIY project with the ease and sophistication of an air tool. There’s a reason why air tools have come to replace hammers and other manual tools as the go-to devices for any type of work, no matter how large or small. They are fast, durable, long-lasting, and completely efficient.
But it’s important that these tools are cleaned often. “The only way to regularly lubricate and care for your air tools for the most longevity is with best air tool oil. The higher the quality of oil, the better your pneumatic tool will function. Plus, keeping it well-lubricated is great for its longevity.
Finding the perfect oil for your air tool can be difficult, especially with such a wide range of options on the market today. It’s important to narrow down your choices. In the list below, you’ll find the top 5 best pneumatic air tool oils with a variety of qualities, features, benefits, and customer approvals. Check out each top-rated oil to find a product that works best for you and your air tools.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 5 Best Air Tool Oil Review 2019 [September Update]
- 2 1. Ingersoll Rand 10P Edge Series Premium Grade Air Tool Oil
- 3 2. Marvel Air Tool Oil MM85R1-32 FI Oz
- 4 3. BOSTITCH PREMOIL-200Z Premium Pneumatic Tool Oil
- 5 4. Premium Air Tool Lubricant – 64 FL. OZ
- 6 5. Sta-Lube SL2533 Air Tool Oil, 1 Gallon
- 7 Buying Guide for Best Pneumatic Air Tool Oil
- 8 Price
- 9 Lubrication Quality
- 10 Additional Features
- 11 Brand Competency & Ratings
- 12 How to use Air Tool Oil (Video Review)
- 13 Maximize Your Air Tool Efficiency With The Right Kind Of Oil!
Top 5 Best Air Tool Oil Review 2019 [September Update]
The Ingersoll oils are constantly on top of the market due to their ease of use. Specifically, the Ingersoll Rand 10P Edge Series Premium Grade Air Tool Oil offers zero viscosity while allowing for use in every kind of pneumatic tool. Customers are eager to get their hands on this simple and smooth oil, which offers longevity and general functionality for your air tools, no matter what brand of tools they are. Plus, the price can’t be argued with.
Some customers have noted that there can be improvements with the packaging and the bottle itself. For example, some air tool owners aren’t able to put a cap on the top of the oil bottle after snipping it open, so they must always ensure it won’t spill in their tool shed. However, there are virtually zero complaints about oil quality or longevity.
Top-rated customer reviews indicate that this is a great quality oil at an affordable cost that will lubricate any air tool for a long time to come. There’s no need to upgrade to anything more expensive unless you’re looking for a very specific feature.
Measurement: 1 pint each
- Each bottle is 0.5 liters of oil specifically for all pneumatic and air-powered tools • Premium-Grade oil quality by a top-rated brand
- Redcap for easy snipping
- Use for lubrication on any air tool
- Also recommended for rust reduction
- This purchase comes with a four-pack of oil, measuring 1 pint each
- Recommended to use once every 48 hours
- There is zero viscosity, making it smoother for lubricating your air tools
- A prolonged lifespan for your tools is guaranteed
- Also works for hydraulic tools
- The nozzle is sometimes hard to snip accurately, making the pour more difficult to control
A true champion among oils, Marvel’s Air Tool Oil is fully equipped with lubrication and antirust features. This is a powerhouse for all of your strongest pneumatic tools, allowing you to stay functional for a long time to come. Plus, this oil will grind away any grease or buildup to clean your tools in the process. If you’re looking for something in particular, or you just want an overall great oil, this is a great option for you.
Customers often remark on the strength and quality of this Marvel oil. It can help speed up sluggish tools and even adds quality to output and performance. While some believe the spout could be designed a little better, it does come with a secure cap so you never have to worry about wasting a drop.
Not only is it a powerhouse, but it’s also one of the most reasonably-priced oils on the market today. You can’t go wrong with this mix of functionality and cost-effectiveness.
Measurement: 32 ounces
- Ultimate lubrication oil
- Very thin oil for smooth application
- Useful for rust reduction
- Can get rid of grime, making sluggish tools un-stick
- Very cheap
- Gets rid of sludge
- Lasts decades
- Grinds down rust and prevents decay
- Simple to use even for beginners
- Great for self-maintenance
- Cap is difficult to take off with your hands; additional opening tools may be needed
BOSTITCH is at it again with their PREMOIL 20-ounce oil for pneumatic tools. Not only does it offer advanced lubrication and rust protection, but it’s also an all-climate oil. While some tools and oils can’t be used in certain weather conditions, this oil will ensure that you will be able to make the best use of your tools all year round.
It’s also a non-detergent solution. It will get in your tools and deeply clean the gears, seals, and other components of your tools without sparing efficiency. Just a couple of drops in your pneumatic tools and you’ll be able to use them for a really long time.
In terms of efficiency, it’s probably one of the best around. Hardly any other products on the market can boast this much longevity, and it’s up to par with some of the highest-quality oils. The bottle is large, giving you plenty to stick around with for years. Customers highly enjoy the fact that only a little bit is needed to go a long way. Most have claimed that the oil can last a lifetime, and it’s easy to re-cap once you’ve added your necessary drops.
Measurement: 20 ounces
- Industrial-strength non-detergent solution
- 20 ounces of oil to last years and years
- Lubricates tools for optimum performance
- Can work well in every weather condition
- A few drops can do the trick
- The large size of the container will make the oil last forever
- Premium grade to match industry standards
- Great for all-weather use no matter what conditions you’re in
- Very affordable
- The container can be too large for customers who don’t expect to use air tools often, or who only have one air tool
Another great industrial-grade air tool lubricant that will get your gears working again as soon as possible, the premium air tool lubricant from CLI Syntec is a good heavy-duty choice. It works to remove dust and grime, so you can get your tools un-stuck if they’ve been lagging out lately.
You can expect a good amount of varnish reduction from this premium-strength oil as well. In fact, it does so without stripping away the elasticity or functionality of your tool’s O-rings. It keeps all working parts intact while removing the unnecessary sludge that tends to build up over time. It’s always good to invest in good maintenance for your tools, and this oil will get things cleaned as quickly as possible so that you can move on to your next project.
Customers often look for large-sized bottles, and this one won’t disappoint in that area. While the price is pretty steep, it makes up for it with sheer performance.
Measurement: 64 ounces
- Industrial-grade oil for deep cleaning
- Strips away varnish and sludge
- Lasts a lifetime with just a few drops each time
- Preserves the quality of your seals and rings
- Large quantity for ultimate air tool cleaning
- Gets rid of all harmful deposits, not just rust and sludge
- Easy-to-use lid and cap • Protects your tools from further rust
- Free tech support from Amazon at any time
- This is one of the more expensive industrial-grade air tool oils on the market
Sta-Lube oil is always a dependable brand that delivers lubricating oil for even the roughest and toughest pneumatic tools. It’s a great choice for those who are looking for the best of the best and aren’t too concerned with the price. It truly makes its value with strong lubrication for the most diverse array of tools available. It doesn’t matter what exactly you need to lubricate; the Sta-Lube Air Tool Oil will certainly get the job done.
It also protects against corrosion and rust. It will seek out some of the harmful substances that need to be removed ASAP; all while lubricating and smoothing out your tool’s components. Most customer reviews talk about the speed and efficiency of this product, as well as the great price-per-gallon.
This is one of those bottles that will last a lifetime. Not just from the sheer amount alone, but for how far just a couple of drops of this ultra-thin oil can go. It won’t bog down your machines, nor will it prevent the seals and O-rings from performing at peak power. It’s a win-win situation overall.
Measurement: 1 gallon
- The best price per gallon
- Ultra lubricating and protecting power
- Made at industry-grade levels to give customers the best of the best
- Can be used on any kind of pneumatic tool
- Easy storage and cleaning for lifetime use
- Gets rid of harmful minerals and deposits
- Builds up strength against corrosion
- Lubricates air tools for swift use
- Cools down the tool for added performance enhancement
- Can be used on pumps and hydraulics
- It is not VOC compliant in California
Buying Guide for Best Pneumatic Air Tool Oil
Since there are so many different types of air tool oils on the market, it’s important to understand what you are looking for before your search begins. This quick buying guide will help you prioritize the features you need in your oil the most while giving you a glance at all of the reasons why the best oil is truly the best.
Price is a big consideration for some people, while others may prioritize this less on their list of needs. However, it’s still important to cover what costs should be like when purchasing a good brand of air tool oil.
As seen from the reviews above, some oil is more affordable than others. But make sure to pay attention to the measurements of each bottle, as some are measured and priced differently. Whether you’re buying per pint, per ounce, or per gallon, you will see some fluctuation in the price. As far as value is concerned, you shouldn’t be spending more than $40 – at the most – for a gallon of oil. Pints can range anywhere from $2 to $7.
Air tool oils can do a lot of things, but they’re primarily used for one: Lubrication. If an oil doesn’t lubricate your pneumatic tool very well, then it really isn’t good for anything. Make sure that the oil you purchase is explicitly made for lubrication above all things. In most cases, as long as it has the word “Lubrication” on the label of the bottle, you will likely not have a problem with it.
But the thickness of the oil plays a part in lubrication as well. The thinner the oil, the more smoothly it will function with all of your tool’s components. The most important key to functionality is making sure your seals and O-rings are in perfect condition. An oil that slows them down will just decrease the performance of your tool.
Once you’re certain that the oil will lubricate, you can start to look for other features that may be useful to your pneumatic tool as well. For example, having a non-detergent solution can deep-clean your tools, getting rid of harmful substances and wiping out all dirt and sludge buildup. This, in addition to the lubrication, will drastically increase the performance and quality of your air tools.
Brand Competency & Ratings
It’s important to know what other customers are saying about a product before you buy it. This may seem like common sense, but it bears repeating because ratings can always change. It feels good to get behind a company you’re familiar with, instead of having to go with an unfamiliar option just because it’s so cheap. If you’re shopping from online, make sure to read the reviews and only look for products with high star ratings. When buying from your local supplier, be sure to ask the experts about what oil they would recommend, and what brand might work best for your individual needs.
How to use Air Tool Oil (Video Review)
Maximize Your Air Tool Efficiency With The Right Kind Of Oil!
Knowing your market is important to buy the perfect product. And when it comes to air tools, you need to know exactly what you’re looking for. Finding a great lubricating oil may not be difficult, but it should offer the best bang for your buck if you want to end up with a pneumatic tool to last through the ages.
The best air tool oils will guarantee a full range of lubrication and cleaning. You’ll find your tools to be much more efficient in no time, and you can get away with using just a few drops to last a long time. Consider what’s most important for your tools, and decide on industrial-strength oil that will give you the longevity you need.